9. The Wager HouseBuilt: c. 1891
Location: 621 Indian River Avenue, Titusville
The Wager House is one of the oldest buildings in Titusville, and a fine example of the Colonial Revival style. Originally, it was a two-story, flat-roofed structure built by Pleasant J. Hall for Perry Wager. The third floor and hip-roof, with a widow's walk, were added in the early 1900's. The south side porch was a 1915 addition.
Perry Wager's son, Ellis, published Brevard County's first newspaper, the Florida Star, from the first floor of the house. The second floor was used, on occasion, as Titusville's ballroom and opera house.
The Wager House was added to the National Register of Historic places in 1990.
|BACK to Landmarks HomePage|
|1 - Old Haulover Canal
2 - Harry T. Moore Homesite
3 - LaGrange Church & Cemetar
4 - Andrew Froscher House
5 - St. Gabriel's Episcopal Church
6 - Brevard County Courthouse
7 - The Pritchard House
8 - Titusville Commercial District
|9 - The Wager House|
10 - Judge George Robbins House
11 - The Spell House
12 - Launch Complex 39
13 - Windover Archeological Site
14 - St Luke's Episcopal Church
15 - Cape Canaveral Lighthouse
16 - Cape Canaveral Air Force Station
BACK to Historical Society
BACK to Educational Resources