Historic North Brevard Florida

Your Guide to Historical Landmarks in North Brevard County, Florida

La Grange Church

3. LaGrange Church and Cemetery

Built: 1893
Location: Old Dixie Highway near Mims

LaGrange Church was established in a log schoolhouse built on the site in 1869. It was the first church between New Smyrna Beach and Key West. In 1872, a two-story log building was built, the church occupied the lower floor and the school occupied the upper story. The wood-frame church seen today was constructed in 1893. The church was non-denominational and it was customary for ministers of various faiths to take turns preaching. The LaGrange Cemetery, located adjacent to the church, is the final resting place for many of north Brevard's early pioneers including Colonel Henry Titus for whom Titusville is named.


 

La Grange Church 1999


BACK to Landmarks HomePage
1 - Old Haulover Canal
2 - Harry T. Moore Homesite
3 - LaGrange Church & Cemetar
4 - Andrew Froscher House
5 - St. Gabriel's Episcopal Church
6 - Brevard County Courthouse
7 - The Pritchard House
8 - Titusville Commercial District
9 - The Wager House
10 - Judge George Robbins House
11 - The Spell House
12 - Launch Complex 39
13 - Windover Archeological Site
14 - St Luke's Episcopal Church
15 - Cape Canaveral Lighthouse
16 - Cape Canaveral Air Force Station







BACK to Historical Society
BACK to Educational Resources