Historic North Brevard Florida

Your Guide to Historical Landmarks in North Brevard County, Florida

Spell House

11. The Spell House

Built: c. 1911
Location: 1200 Riverside Drive, Titusville

The spell House is one of Titusville's finest historic residences and an excellent example of the Queen Anne style. It is located in Sarah Gleason's addition to Titusville, which was platted in 1911. Mrs. Will Davis Spell purchased the lot from Gleason in 1911 for $550, and the house was apparently built shortly thereafter. Mrs. Spell's husband, Dr. James C. Spell, was the first licensed pharmacist in Titusville. He built the Spell Building in "old downtown," and operated the Banner Drug Store out of the corner storeroom. Spell was also Vice President of the Bank of Titusville.

The house was named to the National Register of Historic Places in 1990.


 

Spell House 1999


BACK to Landmarks HomePage
1 - Old Haulover Canal
2 - Harry T. Moore Homesite
3 - LaGrange Church & Cemetar
4 - Andrew Froscher House
5 - St. Gabriel's Episcopal Church
6 - Brevard County Courthouse
7 - The Pritchard House
8 - Titusville Commercial District
9 - The Wager House
10 - Judge George Robbins House
11 - The Spell House
12 - Launch Complex 39
13 - Windover Archeological Site
14 - St Luke's Episcopal Church
15 - Cape Canaveral Lighthouse
16 - Cape Canaveral Air Force Station







BACK to Historical Society
BACK to Educational Resources