8. Titusville Commercial DistrictBuilt: c. 1895 ‚ 1926
Location: S. Washington Avenue, Main Street
This Titusville Commercial District was named to the National Register of Historic Places in 1990. The District includes 24 historical resources on South Washington Avenue and Main Street in "old downtown" Titusville.
The buildings date from circa 1895 through the collapse of the Florida Land Boom in 1926. They embody a variety of significant architectural styles including Beaux Arts and Mission, but the predominant designs are simple masonry or frame vernacular.
In 1989, Titusville was selected as a Florida Main Street City. Participation in this highly successful self-help program, administered by the Bureau of Historic Preservation, is bringing about the historic preservation and economic revitalization of its "old downtown."
|BACK to Landmarks HomePage|
|1 - Old Haulover Canal
2 - Harry T. Moore Homesite
3 - LaGrange Church & Cemetar
4 - Andrew Froscher House
5 - St. Gabriel's Episcopal Church
6 - Brevard County Courthouse
7 - The Pritchard House
8 - Titusville Commercial District
|9 - The Wager House|
10 - Judge George Robbins House
11 - The Spell House
12 - Launch Complex 39
13 - Windover Archeological Site
14 - St Luke's Episcopal Church
15 - Cape Canaveral Lighthouse
16 - Cape Canaveral Air Force Station
BACK to Historical Society
BACK to Educational Resources