Ecotourism on Florida's Space Coast - Titusville Florida
The beauty and diversity of Titusville's unique ecosystems are much too well kept secrets.
Well, "the secret is out!"
Please enjoy a virtual ecotourism visit:
Florida's Wildlife Legacy Initiative
Leave No Trace - Center for Outdoor Ethics
Not many places offer such unique variety. In fact, our National areas have been ranked eleventh in the world among Ecotourist destinations that "give the most enriching experience."
The ranking was produced from a survey by Weissmann Travel Reports
(WTR). WTR is an encyclopedia of travel used primarily by professionals (a consumer version is available on AOL). [We were ranked alongside the finest ecotourism destinations in Rwanda, Botswana, Ecuador, Wyoming, Antarctica, Australia, India, Manitoba, Costa Rica and Lapland.]
When you have enjoyed your virtual visit, we invite you to come and experience the real thing. The folks at any of the sites below will be happy to help you with your ecotourism planning.
Here are some "outdoor" activities that ecotourists enjoy:
| | Ace of Hearts Ranch
| | Jungle Adventures
| | Old Fashioned AirBoat Rides | |
| | Grasshopper Airboat Ecotours
| | Airboat Rides at Midway | |
Ecotourists will find truly hospitable places to stay:
| | Manatee Hammock Campground (tent & RV) | |
We have many fine restaurants:
| | Dixie Crossroads
| | Paul's Smokehouse | |
| | Mr. Submarine & Salads | | Kelsey's Pizzeria | |
- Kennedy Space Center Visitors Complex with the Astronaut Hall of Fame is an international travel destination.
- The Valiant Air Command Warbird Museum, with it's great Airshow in March, is right here.
- Our American Police Hall of Fame is The Nation's First Museum, Attraction and Memorial Honoring All Police In Federal, State, County and Local Departments
- We boast a fine local playhouse and historical society/museum, and the Titusville Art League.
- Downtown Titusville is on the Registry of Historic Places and features a well marked Historic Walk. It is next to our beautiful Veterans Memorial and Space Walk of Fame, which are on our waterfront. Most months feature a Street Party or a Cruise-In.
- You can go to the websites of over 60 nearby Places to Go & Things to Do.
- Our Calendar of Events gives details on daily activities.
- We love to celebrate, and you can read all about our many Festivals.
- Cocoa Beach, Port Canaveral, Melbourne, Daytona Beach, Orlando, Disney World, Universal Studios and Sea World are but an hour or so away.
- We are located on Interstate Route 95 and two major east-west highways.
- Fine airports, international and private plane, are nearby.
- The place to pull in when you are boating down the Intercoastal Waterway is the Titusville Municipal Marina, just south of Marker 37.
North Brevard is a great place to visit - to work - raise a family - to retire.
Enjoy exploring us first, here on the Internet.
We would love to hear from you: eMail Us,
and we would love to welcome you to our wild backyard.
Would you like to link to this website?
You are invited to use one of the following banner/buttons.
Please link to: "http://nbbd.com/ecotourism/index.html"
Florida Greenways and Trails
On January 31, 2000 we received this eMail:
"Britannica.com is contacting you because our editors have selected your site (Ecotourism in North Brevard) as one of the best on the Internet when reviewed for quality, accuracy of content, presentation and usability."