Coalition of Human Services
416 Pine Street, Titusville, FL 32796
Meeting 3rd Wednesdays, 10:00am - noon
Harry T. Moore Social Services Center
725 Deleon Avenue, Titusville, FL 32780
Next General Meeting: 3rd Wednesday, June 15th at Harry T. Moore Service Center, Titusville, 10 am.
We hope to see you all there.
• May, 2016 Minutes • ARCHIVES •
Matching Community Organizations With People in Need
The North Brevard Coalition of Human Services will serve to educate the community and individual agencies about existing services; to work cooperatively to develop services that fill unmet needs; and as a united group, act as a consultant to individual agencies in the preparation, review and submission of grant proposals or the development of new projects or programs.
NBCHS's mission is education, coordination, and facilitation of community transformation through partnerships of community organizations. Together, the member organizations have found ways to assist many families and individuals who would otherwise have trouble meeting basic human needs including food, clothing, and shelter.
The North Brevard Coalition of Human Services, "NBCHS" or "the Coalition", founded in 1994, is an unincorporated association of over one hundred community and faith-based organizations that has continually served as a grass-roots movement to successfully
impact and improve the quality of life for families and individuals in need.
** Just to remind all members and their friends and associates:
THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE COALITION IS CANCELLED.
Monthly meetings will resume August 17th, 2016.
Request for Volunteers from United Way Volunteer Program
Hello Community Agencies,
We are entering the electronic age with our volunteer program here at United Way. If you have projects available, please complete the attached Request for Volunteers from United Way Volunteer Program and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to me at 321-631-2007. Once I receive the completed form, we will determine if it fits within the scope of our service and then place it into our Volunteer Opportunities Page at www.online.uwbrevard.org. Volunteers will then be able to access and sign up for these approved projects online.
Please take a few minutes to consider any projects that you might have available, complete the attached form, and then return it to me for consideration.
Keith Heinly/ Senior Manager, Community Impact / United Way of Brevard
937 Dixon Blvd., Cocoa, FL 32922 / tel: 321.631.2740 / fax: 321.631.2007 /http://www.uwbrevard.org
Community Safety Seminar - Scams
August 23rd – 6:00pm
Harry T. Moore Social Service Center
DIRECTORY APPLICATION / Membership: Click here to call up the MS Word Membership / Directory Application form.
You can complete the answers using your computer word processor. Save it to your computer as "Your Name - NBCHS Directory Application." Then eMail it as an attachment to email@example.com.
North Brevard Coalition Members
- 211 Brevard/N Brevard Medical Support
- Agency for Health Care Administration - A.H.C.A.
- AHF/Positive Healthcare Pharmacie
- Air Mobile Ministries
- Apostolic Ministries
- Atlantic Inclusive Academy
- Bethlehem Baptist Church
- B.E.T.A. (Birth Education Training, Acceptance) of Titusville, Inc
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Brevard, Inc
- Boys and Girls Club of Central Florida, Mims Branch
- Brevard Alzheimer's Foundation
- Brevard Community College/Titusville
- Brevard County Health Department
- Brevard County Community Action Team
- Brevard County Sheriff's Office
- Brevard Public Schools
- Brevard Workforce
- Brevard Senior Nutrition Program, Meals on Wheels
- Catch of Brevard
- Catholic Charities
- Center for Drug Free Living
- Children's Home Society of Florida
- Christ Aid Ministry For Family Restoration
- Christ Community Church
- Christian Life Center of Titusville
- Circles of Care
- Cocoa Seventh Day Adventist Church
- Comforts of Home Care Associates, Inc
- Community Care Programs /Community Services Council
- Community Legal Services of Mid-Florida-Tax Aid
- Con Jesu
- Connected by 25 Brevard
- Consumer Credit Counseling Service
- Crosswinds Youth Services, Inc
- Department of Children and Families
- Department of Children and Families Substance Abuse and Mental Health Program
- Department of Juvenile Justice
- Disabled American Veterans
- Division of Blind Services
- Drug & Alcohol Rehab in Florida
- Early Learning Coalition of Brevard
- East Coast Contract Industries
- Easter Seals of Florida, Inc
- Even Start Family Literacy
- Family Counseling Center of Brevard In
- Family Promise of Brevard
- First Baptist Church of Port St. John
- First Haitian Baptist of Melbourne
- First United Methodist Church of Port St. John
- First United Methodist Church of Titusville
- Florida Division of vocational Rehabilitation
- Food With Care, Inc
- Frances S. Walker Halfway House
- Goodwill Self Sufficiency Job Center
- Great Commission Fellowship
- Great Outdoors Church
- Greater Works Christian Center Inc
- Guardian AD Litem Program
- Habitat for Humanity of Brevard County
- Harry T. Moore Neighborhood Services Center
- H.A.R.T., Home Action Restoration to Transition
- Healthy Start
- Hidden Potentials, Inc.
- Hope Community Fellowship
- Horsesisters & Associates, Inc.-HEAT
- Hospice of St. Francis, Inc.
- Housing Authority of Brevard County
- Housing Authority of Brevard County, Community Services Programs
- Housing Authority of Brevard County, Section 8 Housing Assistance Payment Program
- Housing Authority, Cocoa
- Housing Authority, Melbourne
- Housing Authority, Titusville
- Housing Enhancement For Lower Income-H.E.L.P
- Housing for Homeless
- Impact Center
- Indian River City United Methodist Church
- Integrity House Recovery Program
- Kidspeace Community Program
- Liberty Lodge
- Links of Hope, Inc
- Literacy for Adults in Brevard (LAB)
- Missions Thrift Store (An Outreach Ministry of First Baptist Church of P.S.J)
- National Veterans Homeless Support
- North Brevard Charities Sharing Center
- North Brevard Senior Center
- Park Avenue Baptist Church & Park Avenue Christian Academy
- Parrish Community Medical Clinic
Parrish Medical Center
- PREVENT of Brevard, Inc
- Prison Book Project
- Redeemer Presbyterian Church
- ResCare Home Care/Calvery Chapel of Melbourne
- Retired and Senior Volunteer Program
- Salvation Army
- School Board of Brevard
- Shekinah Street Ministries
- Source of Safety
- Space Coast Center for Independent Living
- Spacecoast Technical Network
- State Attorney 18th Circuit
- Stepping Stone Fellowship
- St. Gabriel's Episcopal Church
- St Katherine Greek Orthodox Church
- Titusville Fire and Emergency Services
- Titusville Police Department
- United Way of Brevard County
- WINVET/Victory Village/Tropic Hammock
- VITAS Innovative Hospice Care
- Volunteer Brevard
- Waypoint Recovery
- WIN (When In Need)
- WIN/VET Program
- Work First Plus (Human Services Associates, Inc.
Florida KidCare Coalition of Brevard
Planning/Visioning Workshop — Thursday, May 26, 2016 — 9 am - 12 pm
Suntree Office Tower, 3rd Floor SCHF Community Room, 6905 N Wickham Rd. in Melbourne
Presenters: David Jeczala, Tom Druckenmiller, and Maria Seemer
Project E.A.T. 2015 Final Report
Links to PDF information flyers of our partners and friends & their events.
EVENT CALENDAR SUBMISSION FORM
• Family Promise of Brevard Summer Newsletter 2016
Our sole mission at Family Promise of Brevard is to create opportunities for families to increase their INDEPENDENCE and move from merely surviving to thriving!
• EveryoneOn.org: Low cost Internet Access.
If they are low-income (at or below $35,000 annual salary), live in public housing, participate in the free or reduced lunch program, participate in SNAP, or participate in Temporary Assistance for Needy Families they can find internet for their home as low as $10 a month.
• ACCESS Florida Community Partner Communique - 2d Qtr CY16 - Circuit 18
ABAWD Policy Implementation - Medicaid for Lawfully Residing non-Citizen Children up to age 19 - Miscellaneous notes and tips - Marketing Materials for Florida KidCare
• Phone 2-1-1 Presentation Information
How to present this nearly universal and indispensable service that simplifies the process of getting
access to emergency police, fire or ambulance services.
• PURPOSFULL CONNECTION ... Adjusting to loss.
VITAS bereavement support group meetings.
• Brevard County ZIKA VIRUS Alerts
Alerts - February 17, 2016
• Mosquito Bite Prevention
Techinques for Florida residents.
• Family Promise of Brevard - Give the gift of hope.
Providing a temporary home for families experiencing homelessness.
• Reaching Out Holiday Toy & Book Program
Reaching Out Is intended to supplement parents holiday gift giving.
• Hannah's Heroes
Working to end youth suicide in our community.
• Still Need Health Insurance?
United Way: You may be able to enroll in the Health Insurance Marketplace
• Florida KidCare — Florida KidCare website.
Quality, affordable insurance to help keep your children healthy.
• A Snapshot of the Florida Medicaid
Managed Medical Assistance Program
• 211 - Community Resources 2014
Lists of many resources with phone numbers
• Devereux Foster Care
Devereux provides continuous training and support for our foster families
• 40 Development Assets
Project Cornerstone Youth Assessment
• CareerSource Brevard
Programs, counseling & listings to help find employment.
• Healthcare Brevard - June 30, 2016
Addressing the health insurance needs of individual consumers and small businesses in Brevard.
• Florida KidCare Lunch and Learn, September 29, 2016
Florida KidCare Coalition of Brevard would like to invite business representatives to attend a roundtable discussion focusing on Florida KidCare and its benefits for employers.
• Second Harvest Food Bank
May, 2016 list of location and hours of SNAP food banks.
• Healthcare Brevard - June 22, 2016
Addressing the health insurance needs of individual consumers and small businesses in Brevard.
• Circles of Care Community Resource List
An extensive, wide ranging, list of service providers.
• 2016 KidCare Coalition Membership Agreement
There are still about 70,000 adult residents under 65 in Brevard County that are uninsured and another 10,414 children who are not insured.
• Healthcare Brevard - April 12, 2016
Addressing the health insurance needs of individual consumers and small businesses in brevard.
• United Way: Children's Week Hanging of the Hands
Tens of thousands of paper cut-outs of children's hands are hung in the Capitol Rotunda.
• Women's Center-Career Services
Multiple services for women over 35.
• Need affordable health insurance?
• Divorced? Separated?
Find Help. Discover hope. Experience healing.
A comprehensive 91-day homeless andsubstance addiction rehabilitation program
• How do I become a Foster Parent?
Brevard Family Partnership
• B.E.T.A. of Titusville
Descriptions of our services.
• Agencies that offer alternatives to Homelessness
Listing of agencies with services descriptions.
• Homelessness and increased trauma
National Child Traumatic Stress Network - ACE Score
• Open Table®
From Poverty to Community
• Family Promise of Brevard
Helping homeless families in transition - Quick Facts
As you may know, last November Devereux Florida was invited by the Board of County Commissioners for Brevard County to lease and repurpose existing property to accommodate therapeutic residential services to children in need. After 27 years of serving children and adolescents in Brevard County, Devereux began expanding services to the North Brevard community.
1850 S. Deleon Avenue, Titusville, FL 32780