North Brevard Parks
Persons with Developmental Disabilities Activities
The North Area Persons with Disabilities Program offers a variety of social activities to mentally and physically challenged individuals.
Regular activities provide socialization and offer opportunities for new friendships. These include:
There are no age limitations on events (by law). Parents/guardians/PSPs are welcome to come with their child/charge to see if an event is appropriate.
- Dances & activities at Walter Butler Community Center - generally the first and third Friday evenings.
- Dances at Kiwanis Island - generally the second and fourth Friday evenings. Transportation available.
- Special Olympics swimming
- Special Olympics & casual bowling
- Academic enrichment programs
- Lunch with nature
- Crafts programs
- Christmas, Valentines Day, Easter, Halloween, Hoe Down and other special event parties
Dances occur every month. Other events are seasonal. Please see the current calendar.
To receive a monthly calendar or for more information call 321-264-5058 or 321-264-5105.
Persons with Intellectual Disabilities
These are some of the activities at various community centers this month; please see our calendar of events, or call 264-5105 for more information. Hope to see you soon.
Your North Area Parks & Recreation Staff.
Friday Night Dances
7 - 9 p.m. please see calendar for locations (location alternates weekly)
Special Olympics Bowling Practice
Saturdays 3 p.m. at River Lanes $1 per game - Seasonal, see calendar
For Brevard County Areas information contact...
North Area: Andrea Chestnut (321) 264-5058 or (321) 264-5105.
Central Area: Nancy Watkins at (321) 633-1874.
South Area: Barbara Mitchell at (321) 302-1731.