|ALL SCHOOL GROUPS WISHING TO VISIT THE PARK CONTACT:|
|Contact Person: Laura Henning
Phone Number: 386-428-3384 x18 -- eMail
|SEND WRITTEN REQUESTS TO: |
Laura Henning, Park Ranger
Canaveral National Seashore
212 S. Washington Ave
Titusville, FL 32796
|CURRENT PROGRAMS BEING OFFERED|
ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION PROGRAMSEnvironmental Education Programs at Canaveral National Seashore will introduce students to its fragile and varied environments. What the children see and experience will help them appreciate and protect it.
K-3rd Grade Program
Teacher's guide their students through two programs:
- BEACH DISCOVERY HUNT
- MOSQUITO LAGOON DISCOVERY TOUR.
- A Teacher's Guide is provided with suggested pretour and park activities.
4th and 5th Grade Programs
The programs includes:
- LAGOON EXPERIENCE - Seine Mosquito lagoon for tiny marine creatures
- TURTLE MOUND DISCOVERY - Volusia County ONLY - Learn about the Timucuan Indian's and see the mound of shells they left behind.
- DYNAMIC DUNES - Explore the sand dunes and find out why they are so important. Hands on activities help us understand how important the sand dune is to Florida's coastal communities.
- SEASIDE DISCOVERY - Explore the beach and edge of the ocean for the smallest marine creatures that come from the sea.
- Teachers may choose two of the four program and must lead one portion of the two part program.
- They are required to attend a one time Teacher's Workshop held in the early fall or spring.
Students and their teachers are invited to visit the park and participate in a two part program.
- Canaveral National Seashore Ranger's provide one program and the teacher provides a program of their choice.
- With a Ranger's guidance students and teachers develope a volunteer project that will benefit the park.
- Prior to the program a park ranger will visit the school for an on-site orientation program.
CANAVERAL NATIONAL SEASHORE - MAGNET FOR LEARNING
- Working with a park ranger, teachers and students continue their classroom activities and come to the seashore to perform field studies.
- All field studies must be approved by Canaveral National Seashore.
- Professors and their students are encouraged to partner with Canaveral National Seashore.
- College students are invited to voluteer to assist with 4th and 5th grade environmental education programs or mentor high school students in research projects.
University of Central Florida Research in Mosquito Lagoon