Heritage Park in the Chain of Lakes Complex, Titusville, Florida.
This is the conceptual plan for Hertiage Park which will comprise 10 plus acres in the back of BCC.
It will be comprised of donated historic structures that will be restored. Included will be:
- Oliver's camp house, which will be a museum documentating the citrus industry
- The Clifton Schoolhouse, example of a 1890's school
- The Gibson Tenement Houses - restored shotgun houses of early grove workers, furnished in period furniture and housewares
- The Williams Point Cook's House, water tank and windmill, example of pineapple field station, complete with growing pineapple plants
- The farmstead, which will include a barn/shed from the Hutchenson property, a cracker house (looking for one) and a tack room (from the Marr property)
- Train depot - The LaGrange Depot and sign, and oil room from the Marr property
- Railroad tracks, crossing sign and switch signal from the FEC salvage company
- Cross over the "river" on a wooden pull ferry to visit a replicated palmetto house of the early pioneers and continue down the path to a replicated Indian Village
- An additional element will be the on-going archaeological excavation at historic Pace's Landing located on the riverbank nearby
- Also included will be planted citrus trees and native vegetation
Throughout Heritage Park will be displayed farm implements and citrus related elements, beekeeper boxes, and many related artifacts. Room for expansion will be available to display elements related to the fishing industry and scrubland industries of Brevard Country such as switchgrass brooms, palmetto berry business, etc.
It will provide valuable education opportunities to young and old alike, as well as a place to reflect, to teach, to learn, to enjoy. A place to definently to remember.
This proposal was not accepted by the voters.