Loretta Anné - Council President
Barbara Dabney - Executive Vice President
Membership Information Contacts
Norman Rathborne - Vice President-Recruitment
Barbara Rathborne - Recording Secretary
SCC Friday Email ConnectionMay 22, 2013
Email connections are back on track! For the summer months, the messages will probably come bi-weekly unless important news needs to be conveyed ASAP.
While communication took an hiatus, work by Space Coast Council serged ahead.
- - Great news from Philip Dunmire, National President that began:
"Congratulations! The Space Coast Council has earned the 2012 Meritorious Council Award which will be presented at the 2013 Navy League Convention. Your Council has done an excellent job in following the mission of the Navy League and your dedication to the men and women of the sea services is demonstrated throughout the many activities conducted by your council."
Everyone in SCC should be proud of this honor. Thank you to all the members who helped make this happen. Special thanks to the Board members of 2012 who did an outstanding job. Kudos to the 2013 board members who have continued working to maintain this level of excellence.
Just a note: Since its formation in 2004, SCC has earned five national council awards and also the top newsletter award for small council in 2011. Bravo!
- - SCC welcomes into membership John and Katherine Scarborough and Mark Weber all of whom reside in Titusville.
- - Due to the Memorial Day holiday, the May Connection will take place on Tuesday, May 28 at the Holiday Inn-Titusville, 7 PM. In addition to "keeping connected" with our fellow members, there will be a short presentation honoring the U.S. Flag Merchant Marine. Please come early for dinner (5:15 PM) at Bapa's, the hotel's restaurant, to chat with fellow members. Ask a friend to join you!
- - Congratulations to the Titusville High School NJROTC cadets and their instructors Capt. John Coleman and 1st Sgt. Toby Henson. The group earned the name of Distinguished Unit which is the TOP Award in the NJROTC program!
- - SCC partnered with the NJROTC on their annual Blue and Gold Golf Tournament. A great time was had by all! The event was very successful. Thank you to all who sponsored a hole, contributed items, golfed, or worked at the event. We look forward to the opportunity to partner again next year.
- - On May 8, several members were on hand at the End of Year Ceremony. Charlie Smith, NJROTC liaison, accompanied me on stage to help present awards. Earning the Theodore Roosevelt Youth medals were Walker Roberts and Christopher Asbury. Our council's scholarship, now increased to $2,000, was won by Serenity Stubbs.
- - Norm Rathborne, SCC's Coast Guard liaison, presented a certificate and check to The Sailor of the Quarter, FS3 Michael Voeller. Norm also presented a $100 donation for the Coast Guard Morale, Welfare, and Recreation Fund (MWR) on behalf of our council.
- - At the Mission Partners event on April 25, 2013, SCC presented certificates and checks to NOTU SOQ MT2 Matt Edlin and NOTU JSOQ Shane Bergman. A certificate was given to OTSU-2 ET1 Jaros Gilbert.
- - Maritime Day Celebration at Port Canaveral on Saturday, May 25 at 10 AM. A boat will transport participants for a wreath laying ceremony. Afterwards, lunch will be served at Rusty's. Cost: $20. For further information and availability, contact Kurt Ronstrom at 631-1972 (home) or 258-1608 (cell). SCC will be represented for the ceremony.
- - Monday is Memorial Day. Please remember to fly the flag. The US flag is flown at half staff from dawn to noon. At Veteran's Park in Titusville, there will be a Memorial Day Celebration at 10 AM. SCC will present its wreath.
Hope to see YOU at our upcoming events!
Loretta L. Anné
|2011 Officers and Directors (l-r): Ed Anné, Miner Pedersen, Bud Dabney, Loretta Anné, Frank DeNoewer, Norm Rathborne, Barb Rathborne, Barb Dabney, Emma Richard, Joe Ferraro, Jim Dick, Pat Dick, and Giles Norrington.|
North Brevard Business Directory
In-depth community resources for the Titusville, Florida area
|Keeping you up-to-date with what is available and what is going on in the Titusville, FL area.||
Contact the webmaster for most anything by
|the North Brevard Area|
Produced by Peak Performance Co.
Last updated: 5/23/13 — © 1996 - 2013
|Your Titusville area business web site, web page, or web card on this Community Directory. We can register, produce, host and market your Internet presence.|
LOTS TO DO in North Brevard.
We challenge you to discover them!