The East Mims Progressive Civic League, Inc. presents Scholarship awards annually in June of each year. These awards will not be less than two hundred dollars. Awards are presented to the graduating high school seniors that best exemplify the characteristics as identified by the criteria. Awards will be given directly to the recipients upon receipt of an original or copy of their registration.
- Minimum G.P.A.: 2.7 (4.0 scale)
- Minimum S.A.T.: 1000
- Minimum A.C.T.: 20
(S.A.T. score of 950 is acceptable if G.PA. is higher than 2.7)
B. Extracurricular ActivitiesThe applicant's school and community activities should reflect a well-rounded person. The applicant's choices of and participation in activities should indicate a concern for his/her school and home communities.
C. Personal QualitiesThe applicant must provide at least three (3) recommendations from teachers, counselors, community leaders, and advisors to organizations, or employers that describe such desirable qualities as integrity, honesty, trustworthiness, industriousness, etc.
D. Speaking AbilityIn an interview situation, the applicants will answer general questions regarding their personal goals and aspirations, as well as questions of an academic or current event nature. The applicant's response(s) will indicate how well he/she expresses what is thought.
E. Writing AbilityThe applicant will write an essay - at least two (2) typewritten double-spaced pages - on a topic of his/her choice or one of the following topics:
- Personal Goals
- Professional Objectives
- What I Expect From College
- What I want to Be
- The Most Important Person in My Life
- A Description of My Role Model
HARRIETTE VIDA MOORE MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
- The applicant should be a resident of East Mims.
- The applicant should participate in church activities/services in the East Mims community.
- The applicant should participate in East Mims Community activities.
- The applicant should be a graduating high senior.
- The applicant must meet all of the application criteria.
- The applicant must provide the name and address of the institution of higher learning or technical school to which he/she has been accepted and will attend the next school term.
HOW TO APPLYApplication forms should be picked up from North Area high school guidance counselors. Application forms may be requested by writing the East Mims Progressive Civic League, Inc., Scholarship Selection Committee at Post Office Box 892, Mims, Florida 32754. All applications must be completed prior to the deadline.
DEADLINEAll applications, transcripts and test results must be in the mail and post marked on or before MARCH 31ST of each application year. Application should be addressed to:
East Mims Progressive Civic League, Inc.
Scholarship Selection Committee
Post Office Box 892
Mims, Florida 32754
Each applicant will be notified of the committee's selection by letter.
The completed application package should include:
- Completed application
- Three (or more) letters of recommendation.
Note: Please review contents for criteria.
BACK to Projects
BACK to HomePage