Membership is open to all individuals interested in the archaeology of the Brevard, Volusia, and Indian River Counties. Membership costs $15.00/year ($20.00 for families) and are dues are to be submitted by the end of the first quarter of the calendar year (January-March). Your dues entitle you to participate in all club activities. You may join by submitting the check or money order for the dues plus a printout of the IRAS membership application to the Secretary, IRAS, P.O. Box 73, Cocoa, Florida 32923-0073
Please note that anyone joining the IRAS will be required to follow our strict code of ethics regarding archaeological sites and artifacts. You MUST sign and date the code of ethics section at the bottom of the form to be a member. All participants must sign a waiver of liability that includes release of using their images in papers, reports, public speaking events, and professional publications.
IRAS Code of Ethics
- Exploration of archaeological sites are conducted in accordance with Federal, State, County, and local laws, and are conducted under the direct supervision of qualified personnel.
- Results of all fieldwork and research will be documented.
- ALL artifacts recovered from archaeological sites are turned over to the IRAS.
- Members will not participate in the illegal trade of antiquities or loot sites.
- NO member will remove artifacts from any site unless given authority by the IRAS officers.
- The appropriate authorities will be informed if a member discovers the looting or destruction of archaeological sites.
- Members should participate in educating the public in understanding the state's historical and archaeological heritage.
BACK to IRAS Home Page