WHO WE ARE
Starting in 1998, HorseSisters and Associates, Inc. is a remarkable "ALL VOLUNTEER" 501 (c)(3) non-profit agency serving all of Florida. We provide new homes for abused, neglected and homeless horses. Once rehabilitated, they may be adopted. We also accept healthy donated horses. Appropriately trained, some may go on to be therapy horses.
HEAT - HorseSisters Equine Assisted Therapy
We will bring therapy horses right to your location. Clairese is certified as a Western & English instructor with CHA - Certified Horsemanship Association, and specifically certified with CHA as an Instructor for Riders with Disabilities. Clairese is also an Equine Special Olympic coach, ready to help riders excell in all areas of Therapeutic riding, driving and showing.
- "Stable Life" - equine assisted learning skills for children of all ages & their families
- Red Ribbon Kids - Anti-bullying, Anger Management & Violence Prevention for children ages 8 - 18
- Work & Ride - Entrepreneurship skills for children ages 6 - 22
- The Art of Horses - equine assisted drawing & painting for children 3 - 22
- Home School & Private School Equine Assisted Learning
- Dignity Memorial® Escape School® - Stranger Safety Skills for children
- Youth Group Awards & Scouting Badges
- Bright Futures Scholarship Hours - mandatory community service hours for Florida college scholarships, beginning in the 9th grade
- Brevard Community College & University of Central Florida service hours
- "Rainbow Bridge" children's grief program
- State of Florida Juvenile Justice Service Hours
- P.A.Y. - Prosecution Alternatives for Youth Program
- Native American Full Moon, Sunrise & Puberty Ceremonies
Florida State Equestrian Championships for Special Olympics in Tampa
There are only 105 riders slots for the entire state of Florida and HS's gets one.
For 2010, Karen McVickers & her pony Starbuck came home with a Silver Medal in English Equitation! (lady in red coat)
WE SUPPORT OUR AGENCY THROUGH PROGRAMS WITH THESE SERVICES:
- Providing therapeutic riding & driving
- Special Olympic training & showing
- Horsedrawn Carriage Service
- Horsedrawn Hay Wagon Service
- Clinics and Shows
- Private Lessons
- Horse Drawn Funerals, Parades, Memorials, Holiday Camps
HorseSister's Hay Rides
Hayrides are available in October & November, Tuesday through Sunday, at HorseSister's Emporium, 603 S. Washington Ave. Titusville (just South of City Hall) in the fall season unless hired away for other events.
You may come to HorseSister's Emporium from 1pm till 10 pm and pre-purchase tickets and choose a date and time for the cost of $4.00 per person. One child 3 and under rides FREE with ONE paying adult. You may also pre-purchase tickets at a discounted rate of $20.00 for a group of 6.
Fall Hayride guidelines;
*Hayrides will not go out if there are less than 10 riders.
- On Saturdays Hayrides* will go out on the 1/2 hour starting at 2:30 pm, last ride 9:30 pm
- On Sunday Hayrides* will go out on the 1/2 hour starting at 1:00 pm, last ride 8:30 pm
- On Halloween, Hayrides* will go out on the _ hour starting at 2:30 until you keep coming!
- On Weekdays, Hayrides will go out as guests wish to ride from 2:30 till 8:30
- Adults must ride with children 13 and under.
- It's great to arrive at your Hayride 5 minutes before, so plan the extra time.
- When we are really busy we will go out every 30 minutes.
Rescued horses require a lot of care. Food, medical care, stable maintenance - we depend on your love and and your dollars to make our rescues possible.
Click to make a donation.
"In Kind" donations help a lot. Please click to see the list of things that would help us a lot on our
"We are all volunteers - we receive NO federal, state, county or city funds but rather operate completely on the generous donations of wonderful folks such as yourselves!
HorseSisters™ loves making new friends and we need your support in time and talents as volunteers and financially as donors and sponsors or we will have to close our doors.
We are so very thankful for each and every gift you may give to help the horses and humans that love them."
We NEED hay - and FEED - please donate to the store: Tractor Supply, 2619 U.S. Hwy. 1, Mims, FL 32754: 321-269-4215
Here is what we MUST have to feed twice (some three times) 20+ equines each day: 10 bales of Coastal grass hay each day - $7.50 per bale and 4 bags of Safe Choice Feed $18.00 each and 1 bag Standlee Beet Pulp; $15.00 and 1 bag of Standlee Alfalfa Cubes $15.00 = $177 dollars each day.
We budget $250.00 per horse per month for all their care - which includes hoof trimming, immunizations, Coggins Test, and deworming. This does NOT include any Vet fees or emergency hospital fees. It's $2000.00 down before you can make an appointment.
Call for dates
SUNDAYS — 2:00-4:00 pm
ADULT VOLUNTEER APPLICATION
YOUTH VOLUNTEER APPLICATION
Historic building restorers
Web site administrators
Christmas Carriage Ride
$8.00-CHILDREN 4-17 • $12.00-AGES 18 & UP • FAMILY RATE: $45.00 UP TO SIX
ONE CHILD 3 & UNDER FREE WITH ONE PAYING ADULT • THE DISABLED ALWAYS RIDE FREE
Attached you'll find your 2012 Top-Rated badge for use on your
website and in your communications with donors and supporters.
Once the Awards officially close on November 15, your badge will
appear on your GreatNonprofits profile and you'll be highlighted
on our 2012 Top-Rated Page. The Huffington Post, TakePart and
Parade Magazine will be referring their readers to check out
Top-Rated Nonprofits in November.
View Larger Map