Menu with CSS3 Css3Menu.com

North Brevard Business & Community Directory

Canaveral National Seashore - - Titusville, Florida - Press Release
Canaveral National Seashore - Titusville Florida
Headquarters: 212 S. Washington Ave., Titusville, FL 32796 -- (321) 267-1110
Information Center: 7611 South Atlantic Avenue, New Smyrna Beach, FL 32169 -- (386) 428-3384


PRESS RELEASE


December 11, 2019


Canaveral National Seashore Changes Entrance Fee to Address Infrastructure Needs & Improve Visitor Experience

The National Park Service (NPS), Canaveral National Seashore will modify its entrance fees to provide additional funding for infrastructure and maintenance needs to enhance the visitor experience. Effective January 1, 2020 the entrance fees to the park will be $20 per vehicle or $15 per motorcycle and $10 per pedestrian/bicycle for a 7 day visit. An annual park pass will remain $40. All of the money received from entrance fees remains with the National Park Service with at least 80 percent of the revenue going to Canaveral National Seashore.

Revenue from entrance fees remains in the National Park Service and helps ensure a quality experience for all who visit. Here in Canaveral National Seashore, at least 80 percent of entrance fees stay in the park and are devoted to spending that supports the visitor. We share the other 20 percent of entry fee income with other national parks for their projects.

In response to public comments on a fee proposal released in October 2017, there will be a modest increase for all entrance fee-charging parks, rather than the higher peak-season fees initially proposed only for 17 highly-visited national parks.

National parks have experienced record breaking visitation, with more than 1.5 billion visitors in the last five years. Throughout the country, the combination of an aging infrastructure and increased visitation has put a strain on park roads, bridges, campgrounds, waterlines, bathrooms, and other visitor services and led to a $11.6 billion deferred maintenance backlog nationwide.

The additional revenue from entrance fees at Canaveral National Seashore will be used this year to perform back-logged maintenance and repair to three historic structures; Eldora House, Shultz-Leeper House and Seminole Rest.

Entrance fees collected by the National Park Service totaled $199.9 million in Fiscal Year 2016. The NPS estimates that once fully implemented, the new fee structure will increase annual entrance fee revenue by about $60 million, service-wide.

Canaveral National Seashore has had an entrance fee since 1996. The park is one of 117 National Park Service sites that charges an entrance fee, the other 300 national parks will remain free to enter.

The price of the annual America the Beautiful National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Annual Pass and Lifetime Senior Pass will remain $80.

The National Park Service has a standardized entrance fee structure, composed of four groups based on park size and type. Some parks not yet aligned with the other parks in their category will raise their fees incrementally and fully incorporate the new entrance fee schedule by January 1, 2020.

The complete fee schedule will change according to the following:

Canaveral National Seashore

Per Vehicle Per Person Per Motorcycle Park Specific Annual Pass
Jan 1, 2019/ 7 day entry 15 5 10 40
Jan 1, 2020/ 7 day entry 20 10 15 40

Laura Henning, Canaveral National Seashore, 321-267-1110, ext. 25



About the National Park Service. More than 20,000 National Park Service employees who care for America's 417 national parks and work with communities across the nation to help preserve local history and create close-to-home recreational opportunities. Visit us at http://www.nps.gov, on Facebook www.facebook.com/nationalparkservice, Twitter www.twitter.com/natlparkservice, and YouTube www.youtube.com/nationalparkservice.