January 12, 2006
FISCAL YEAR 2006 BUDGET AND ANNUAL PERFORMANCE PLANCanaveral National Seashore Superintendent Carol A. Clark announced today that the park's Annual Performance Plan and documents providing details about the anticipated budget appropriation and fee revenues for fiscal year 2006 are available for public review as required by the National Parks Omnibus Management Act of 1998.
Highlights of the park's budget, which funds specific goals in the annual performance plan, include:
A copy of the Canaveral National Seashore's complete annual performance plan, prepared in accordance with the Government Performance and Results Act (GPRA), is available by writing to the Superintendent, 308 Julia Street, Titusville, Florida 32796.
- $195,000 for resource preservation and management: Funds will be used to improve the status of threatened and endangered species, protect cultural resources, remove exotic plants, restore disturbed wetlands, improve water quality, and facilitate research to obtain critical information on park resources.
- $995,000 in support of visitor services: Funds will be used to provide public educational programs both on and offsite including environmental education for school groups, civic organizations, and park visitors. Funds will be used to provide park rangers dedicated to protecting park visitors including response to park emergencies such as emergency medical services, accidents, law enforcement incidents, and enforcement of park regulations.
- $906,000 for facility operations and maintenance: Maintain buildings, grounds, roads, trails and utility bills.
- $388,000 for park administration: This includes the salaries of the park Superintendent and direct administrative support to the Superintendent's office.
- At this time no funds have been received to repair the hurricane damaged boardwalks, but we are hopeful that additional funds will be received shortly.
The goals described in the park's annual performance plan are derived from the National Park Service (NPS) Strategic Plan, which establishes a performance management process for the NPS and incorporates the requirements of GPRA. The Strategic Plan is available on the NPS web site at www.nps.gov.
The National Park Service cares for the special places saved by the American people so that all may experience our heritage.
EXPERIENCE YOUR AMERICA
Canaveral National Seashore Press Releases
NBBD Canaveral National Seashore HomePage
NBBD Calendar of Events