Superintendent Bob Newkirk announces revised operational hours for Canaveral National Seashore's Playalinda Beach.
Effective Saturday, April 27, 2002, the beach will be open from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. daily, (7 days/week).
Playalinda's scheduled hours of operation are subject to change in accordance with Kennedy Space Center security directives related to shuttle launch and recovery operations. Playalinda will still close 3 days prior to a scheduled launch, and will re-open the day after a successful launch. In addition, the park will be closed on the day a shuttle landing is scheduled.
This schedule is part of a continuing effort to balance security needs with increasing beach usage. Park hours are influenced by national security concerns, and may change without notice.
Restrictions Still In Effect Include:
- Eddy Creek boat ramp remains closed
- South end of Mosquito Lagoon remains closed to boating.
- Severe weather (thunderstorms) will result in temporary closure's of the park's entrance gate.
- Parking lots 1, 2, and 3 remains closed.
- Stopping along the park entrance road to the beach is strictly prohibited.
BACK to Canaveral National Seashore Press Releases
BACK to Canaveral National Seashore HomePage