PLAYALINDA BEACH TO REOPEN WITH RESTRICTIONS
Canaveral National Seashore Park Superintendent Robert Newkirk announced today the reopening of Playalinda Beach with restrictions.The Park will reopen on Sunday, September 30, 2001, at 10:00 a.m. The following restrictions will be in place:
The Park will remain open on a day-to-day basis from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., based on National events and shuttle schedule.
- Park hours are 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- If you are not out of the Park by 6:00 p.m., you will receive a ticket.
- No stopping, standing or parking on roadsides.
- Parking lots and beaches 1, 2, and 3 are closed.
Superintendent Newkirk emphasized that portions of the Park remain closed and "persons entering closed areas will be arrested."
Other changes to park operations include:
- All vehicles and persons entering the park are subject to random searches and identification checks.
- All activities requiring special use permits at Playalinda Beach have been suspended until further notice. (weddings, horseback riding etc.)
- Sale of Canaveral National Seashore Park passes have been suspended for Playalinda Beach until further notice. Sales of all other National Park passes will continue.
Questions on the new operating restrictions should be directed to Park Headquarters Personnel at (321) 267-1110, Monday through Friday.
BACK to Canaveral National Seashore Press Releases
BACK to Canaveral National Seashore HomePage