Headquarters: 212 S. Washington Ave., Titusville, FL 32796 -- (321) 267-1110
Information Center: 7611 South Atlantic Avenue, New Smyrna Beach, FL 32169 -- (386) 428-3384
Life guarded beaches at:
Apollo Beach - North District, New Smyrna Beach -- Parking Area 1A & 1B
Playalinda Beach -- South District, Titusville -- Parking Area 1. See 15 below.
Life Guard Hours: 10 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Life guards are on duty from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
|WE WANT YOU TO HAVE FUN AT|
CANAVERAL NATIONAL SEASHORE
|FUN IN THE SUN!
Wear sunscreen or other sun protection. Drink fluids and stay cool to prevent heat exhaustion.
- Park hours of operation:Winter: 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. - - - Summer: 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Viewing of wildlife from a vehicle is permitted only in the designated viewing areas, not from the roadway.
- Park in designated parking spaces. Driving on road shoulders and other off-road driving is prohibited.
- All State and Federal laws are enforced by Park Service Rangers.
- Walking on the dunes is prohibited. Cross dunes on the boardwalks.
- Glass containers are prohibited on the beach.
- Pets are not permitted on the beach. In all other areas of the park pets must be kept on a leash at all times.
- Metal detectors are prohibited.
- Disturbance of archeological sites is prohibited.
- All plants and animals within the park are protected. Edible fruits, nuts, driftwood, empty seashells and legally caught fish may be taken for personal use. All fish not taken for consumption must be returned unharmed to the water.
- A saltwater fishing license is required of all non-residents, and is required of all anglers between the ages of 16 and 64 using a boat or canoe.
- The feeding, touching, teasing, frightening or intentionally disturbing wildlife is prohibited this includes birds, alligator, whales, manatees and raccoons. You can be injured.
- Fires are allowed in contained grills only.
- Back country camping, beach camping, commercial fishing and horse-back riding require permits. Contact a park ranger at: (386) 428-3384.
- Playalinda Beach closes three days before a shuttle launch and reopens the day after a launch.
- No shower facilities or public phones are available.
- Please don't litter. Recycle bins are available at each parking area for aluminum cans. "Pamphlet Return Boxes" are available at the Entrance Stations.
- All weapons are prohibited except during state approved waterfowl hunting season.
- Skateboarding, roller skating and in-line skating are prohibited.
REMEMBER THE RULES.
|FUN IN THE RAIN! |
Seek shelter during a storm. Lightning strikes quickly and can be a killer.
|FUN IN THE WATER! |
Swim with a buddy. Avoid rough surf where strong currents, such as riptides, may develop. Stay calm if you are in trouble. Float with the current and signal for help.
|FUN ON THE WATER!|
While boating, have one life preserver per person and wear them. Check the weather forecast before leaving. An overloaded boat is an unsafe boat.
|FUN IN THE OCEAN!|
Avoid all jellyfish in the water and on land. Jellyfish can sting. Contact a park ranger for first aid if stung.
|FUN FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES! |
The Information Center in the North District is accessible. Boardwalk at Apollo Beach, Parking area 1A and Playalinda Beach Eddy Creek and Parking Area 8 are accessible. One beach-chair is available upon request from the Information Center or Entrance Booth.
|FUN IN THE PARK! |
Pick up park maps, program schedules, trail guides, fishing regulation and camping permits at the Information Center, Entrance Station, or Ranger Station. Check the bulletin boards for tides and other helpful information.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING
CANAVERAL NATIONAL SEASHORE
NORTH DISTRICT INFORMATION CENTER 386-428-3384
PLAYALINDA INFORMATION NUMBER: 321-867-0677
Canaveral National Seashore Brochures