Headquarters: 212 S. Washington Ave., Titusville, FL 32796 -- (321) 267-1110
Information Center: 7611 South Atlantic Avenue, New Smyrna Beach, FL 32169 -- (386) 428-3384
- Located 7 miles south of New Smyrna Beach on S.R. A1A.
- 9:00 am to 5:00 pm - Open all year except Christmas Day
- Located 12 miles east of Titusville on S.R. 402. This district is closed to the public during space shuttle operations. Please call before going to this area near the time of a launch. District information tape: 321-867-0NPS (0677).
- There is access to the beach at each district via boardwalks that cross the dunes from the parking areas.
- Lifeguards are on duty from Memorial Day to Labor Day during the hours of 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Apollo (north district). Beach at parking lot #1
- Playalinda (south district). Beach area between parking lots 1 & 2
- Parking Areas 1A & 5 in the North District and the Eddy Creek Parking Area and Parking Area 8 in the South District have accessible ramps to the beach. Restrooms throughout the park and at the Information Center are also accessible. A beach wheelchair is available at the Information Center.
- A portion of Eldora Hammock Trail is boardwalk and accessible
- Fishing regulations are in accordance with Florida State Law. Florida residents fishing from the shore or a dock do not need a Salt Water Fishing License. Florida residents fishing from a boat AND ALL NON-RESIDENTS OF THE STATE must have a fishing license unless under age 16.
- Fishing docks are available at Parking Areas #7 and #8 at the North District and Eddy Creek in the South District.
RULES and REGULATIONS
- NORTH DISTRICT - A 24-hour boat launch is located west of Parking Area #1.
- SOUTH DISTRICT - Eddy Creek Parking Area has a boat launch.
- STATE ROAD #3 - A boat launch is located at Beacon 42.
- Boaters must follow Florida State and U. S. Coast Guard regulations.
Four nature and historic trails can be found in the NORTH DISTRICT. Insect repellent is recommended.
- PARK IN DESIGNATED SPACES ONLY!
- Vehicles outside a designated parking space will be towed. Motor vehicles are permitted on designated roadways only.
- Walking on the dunes is prohibited. Foot traffic kills the dune plants causing erosion.
- Glass containers are not allowed on the beach.
- Pets are not allowed on the beach or in public buildings.
- Pets must be kept on a leash while in the park.
- Do not feed the wildlife; this includes birds and raccoons.
- Metal detectors are prohibited.
- All plants and animals within the park are protected. Certain fruits, nuts, driftwood, empty seashells and legally caught fish may be taken for personal use. All fish not taken for consumption must be returned unharmed to the water.
- Fires are allowed in contained grills only.
- A permit is required for beach camping (available Nov. - Apr. only), for backcountry camping (available year round) and horseback riding (available Nov. - Apr. only),. Contact personnel in the Information Center for details.
- Skateboarding, inline skating, and roller skating are prohibited.
- TURTLE MOUND - This is a self-guiding 1/4 mile trail leading to the top of a Timucuan Indian Mound.
- CASTLE WINDY - Beginning at Parking Area #3, this 1 mile round trip trail crosses the island from the beach to Mosquito Lagoon. A trail guide introduces the coastal forest vegetation. A Timucuan Indian midden can be seen along the Lagoon's shore.
- ELDORA - From Parking Area #8, the 1/4 mile trail leads to a turn of the century settlement along Mosquito Lagoon.
- ELDORA HAMMOCK - A 1/2 mile loop trail goes through a coastal forest, a portion of the trail is boardwalk.
WHERE TO STAY
- Canaveral National Seashore offers programs led by Park Rangers. Call or write the Information Center or Park Headquarters for a schedule or to make arrangements for a program for your organization.
- BACKCOUNTRY CAMPING ONLY is available in the Park. The Park does not have facilities for RV camping. Numerous motels, campgrounds and RV parks are in and around Titusville and New Smyrna Beach. Contact the local Chamber of Commerce.
Headquarters FAX: (321) 264-2906 -- -- South District Ranger Station -- (321) 867-4077
BACK to: Canaveral National Seashore Brochures